Official versions also have all advertised features working, usually without a hitch. You can check out each of the links in the table below to download for your device. At its Mi 11 China launch event back in December 2020, Xiaomi teased the MIUI 12.5 update roadmap for a few stock firmware ROM of its devices. Soon after that, the company started pushing closed beta builds of MIUI 12.5 to select Mi and Redmi smartphones in its home country. Every year, the Chinese OEM splits efforts between the domestic and global update policies, and this year is no different.
- We have given the direct link to download Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 stock ROM.
- Now, custom themes are possible using Custom OneUI Theme Installer.
- Official builds of LinageOS 18.1 based on Android 11 are now available for the original Google Pixel, Pixel XL, and the Redmi Note 8/Redmi Note 8T.
- Samsung DeX turns flagship Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets into portable PCs.
- Anywhere from 25GB-100GB will result in very noticeably increased build speeds
- Always backup existing firmware before flashing any firmware.
No smartwatches, TVs or any other type of device are supported. We offer a unique solution to the “stay up-to-date” problem we mentioned at the beginning of topic. If you are wondering if your device will get MIUI 13 or Android 12 or 13, you can check it from our app. With the “Android 12 – 13 Eligibility Check” and “MIUI 13 Eligibility Check” menus, you can check which update your selected device will receive or not. After this process you will probably need to reflash TWRP image on your phone because flashing any Official update replaces TWRP with Mi-Recovery. All Xiaomi phones come with MIUI’s built-in updater app and with this app we can either wait for the updates to arrive to our phone or we can manually apply updates.
- If we optimize correctly with the correct Lineage OS after rooting, we can see some Improvements.
- If you downloaded a pre-rooted stock ROM and want to keep it that way, you’re now good to go.
- Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Stock ROM from here, flash it in your device and enjoy the native Android experience again.
- If you want to get the most out of the camera, you can check out the Google Camera port for this phone maintained by XDA Senior Member Wyroczen.
To do this first turn off your phone and Hold down the Volume Down button + Power button for few seconds. Open the updater app on your phone – Select the three dots from the top corner and choose the update package.
This is normally where enthusiasts install TWRP and begin modding their device. Whether this means installing a custom ROM, kernel, gaining root access or more, having a device with an unlocked bootloader just makes most of this stuff easier. Even the stable Android 10 update package released by Xiaomi can cause a hard brick in some scenarios, which significantly slowed down the pace of third-party development. Fortunately, a leaked factory firmware helped modders find out a way to partially bypass the roadblocks. You can find out more about the unbrick process in this thread, and we strictly advise you to give it a thorough read before playing around with the custom ROMs listed below.