If the support website does not have helpful information, double-click the installer and continue with the on-screen directions to complete the update. In some cases, if the HDMI cable you used to connect your PC to the monitor is defective, you can experience black screen issues. You can unplug the HDMI cable and let the computer sit idle for a couple of minutes, then reconnect the HDMI cable and reboot the computer. In addition, check for issues with your PSU because a defective PSU providing insufficient power to the GPU and CPU can cause the hardware to malfunction resulting in the black screen issue.
By the way, if you already have the NVIDIA GeForce Experience software installed, you can uninstall it while leaving your drivers installed. Want to download drivers for your NVIDIA GeForce GPU without installing NVIDIA’s GeForce Experience application?
Why Do You Need Drivers?
… Choose the appropriate driver package for your operating system, and then install it. They are a type of software that allows your operating system to understand your hardware.
- Perform these steps for all the Nvidia processes running in your Task Manager.
- By contrast, the Linux kernel does provide a stable userspace interface for Linux applications.
- Is supported in various on-premises and cloud environments, as shown in the tables below.
- It’s challenging and time-consuming to update drivers manually one by one by downloading and installing the latest version from the official sites.
However, it’s not recommended to run it for monitoring 24/7. For long-term review of changes to the system, I recommend deploying Sysmon. While those of us with secure networks want to enforce this blocklist, it’s always fascinating to find examples of people who intentionally disable this feature. Case in point is the gamer community, who want to get around malicious driver blocks.
The best way to know if any driver is safe to download and install is to get it from the manufacturer’s website. Drivers that come from the manufacturer’s website are official for their designated hardware, and not infected with viruses or malware. If you’re downloading drivers to install on another device, you can copy or extract the files to a USB flash drive and connect it to the other computer. Grab the zip file Rocketdrivers from chipmaker’s site, use Device Manager and manually update the driver as I highlighted above. In Windows 10, downloading and installing drivers is automatic and will happen if it’s important. Next, move to the ‘Drivers and Downloads’ section.
- WSL 2 differs from WSL 1 in that WSL 2 runs inside a managed virtual machine that implements the full Linux kernel.
- Home is aimed at home users, while Pro is aimed at power users and small businesses.
- The latest version works with Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and Vista, but there’s an outdated edition you can get for older Windows versions.
But I never bothered using it for basic personal stuff such as browsing/gaming/paperwork. All my personal devices run Windows, unless I do some special personal project where I need it.